Monday 23 November 2009

Reverie

A couple of days ago I received the lookbook of a New York brand I didn't know called Reverie. As soon as I saw the first picture I knew I would love the entire collection. The pieces are simple but ultrachic, they have a special "je ne sais quoi" that makes them perfect for any young (and not so young) cosmopolitan girl. The cuts are exquisite and the colours , although not flashy, are warm enough to brighten up a winter's day. My favourite look? mmh... difficult to choose, but I think the dress above or any of the golden pieces.
Reverie's designer, Ronit Genik, is an Israelian-born New Yorker, and fashion runs through her veins. After graduating from Parsons in 2003 she worked for several brands (all sorts, from Tse to Liz Claiborne) and finally decided to set up her own brand. Ronit studied for some time in Paris, and I think it was here that she picked up the elegant couture feel seen in her collections. The way she mixes this with American functionality is explosive...If you are European and not planning a trip to New York or Los Angeles shortly, you can buy Reverie's collections at Anna C in Milan. Otherwise try contacting them in New York. It's definitely worth it.






3 comments:

  1. Amazing!The dresses are incredible, chic and intemporal.I love the black short dresses but I'm absolutely overwhelmed by that last copper gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pieces, will definitely have to check it out when I'm in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you like them! The clothes are sophisticated but cool and easy. I'll take one of each! Denise ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments.