Wednesday 2 December 2009

Belle en Rykiel

I could not help but talk about Sonia Rykiel's show last night... After all, I really like her style and her views on sexiness and femininity, and I'm addicted to glamourous underwear! But the collection actually overwhelmed me. Right after the show I witnessed myself asking my sister who lives in Madrid to go to H&M and buy the whole collection for me, or at least all the satin ensembles... (getting it in Madrid is much easier and more comfortable than in London or Paris, since there are far less crazed fashionistas there).








The show was much more than just girls walking up and down the catwalk. It always is with Rykiel, but this time it was also a huge parade-like party (I don't even dare to think about the budget... just the invitations, lovely cardboard illustrations closed by a velvet magnet, must have cost a fortune. Crisis? Certainly not for H&M). Rykiel-haired girls danced on top of huge installations and had as much fun as ever. It was Lily Cole who opened the show (I guess because she is red-haired), and she looked voluptuous in a black satin bra and high-waisted knickers.

It was all very Parisian, girly but sophisticated, sexy and adorable. All I can think of now is those black and nude satin ensembles...
All pictures here by Pascal Grob.
Oh I'm going to London tomorrow for some days, so even if I will be able to write some posts, it won't probably be every day; but keep on checking the blog for juicy London news!

21 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome, fabulous! @Piper_Heidsieck we know it's a huge, huge work to keep a blog updated all the time, so good luck, keep on writing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had an h&m near me! sonia rykiel's collection looks beautiful-- definitely going on my christmas list :) and the fashion show is perfect.

    love your blog! i'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i feel like you, i want the pink bra in the first photo and the black similar and a corset and shorts with roses and the balconette with a rose. .. well made collection. hope youre doing great dear. xx ediot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved the black satin pieces, so sexy and feminine! And i wish i could join you in a trip to london, it's a magical place for me ^^ hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful show!
    i like so much the mix crazy hair and underwear.

    kisses
    =**

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this show, so typical Rykiel and utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great pictures, that show looks beautiful

    xxx kissmequick

    ReplyDelete
  8. que buen blog! te he puesto en mis favoritos.

    felicidades! ; )

    y si, si echas un vistazo a la web de h&m españa, pone "cojón" jajaja

    besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. The show look stunning! Oh my gosh! :) Follow me, please? :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy London! I love the look of the Sonia Rykiel range but it probably won't be available in my size, such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! I've just sent my Mum a list of the items I want for Christmas :)
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo lovely! Id have to wait till next year to get my paws on some of these though. Oh well. I do believe it would be worth the wait. :-)

    Sonia Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! you see, I adore sonia rykiel because her catwalks ar full of smiley models and a dancing people, her clothes are amizingly fun and the sunglasses...Oh MY!!
    SO you know I was just too glad when you posted this. You made my day...really

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love their look! esp love the hair!! :)
    magpie-girl.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello ,
    follow me on google friend connect
    and ill follow u back
    are u interested in link exchange ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know where I'm off to tomorrow! How amazing to have been there. I'm thinking this looks like the best H&M/designer collaboration so far, by far?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope I'm lucky enough to get my hands on some pieces here in the states!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This show was so incredibly decadent. I love the photos! Especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i didn't have the chance to see a single piece from the collab before.
    People are going hysterical on this special editions, i hardly understand.
    Anyway the show looks gorgeous ! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments.