Wednesday 23 December 2009

Frailty, thy name is woman!


I'm feeling dreamy today... Too bad, because there was loads of Christmas preparations to do during the day, so I had to work on a thousand things and there was no time for daydreaming, lazying or curling up on the sofa with a good book. And you know, all work and no play... something something. So now here I am, exhausted and dreaming of a stroll down the river with half-closed eyes like Ophelia in Millais's painting... which reminds me of this other picture taken by Nick Knight for a Dazed issue last year. It was a Gareth Pugh special and it was styled by Katie Shillingford. I loved the dark and delicate poetry in the shoot; and I think there is something very shakesperian in Gareth's work despite all the outrageous modernity and fashion statements. You just have to look further.
I would love it if tomorrow was a slightly more relaxed day... But I don't think it will! Ah, la folie de Noël... How are your Christmas preparations coming along?

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way...there is so much to prepare for Christmas I hardly have time for doing nothing (which is one of my favourite thing to do :-)

    These images are so dreamy and beautiful...

    Wishing you Merry Christmas and a beautiful holiday season, much love: Evi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the most wonderful Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daydreaming experience made me daydream through this beautiful post

    Wish u a lovely Xmas
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dear thank you for commenting on ceecee wears chanel. it's so magnifique to have french readers on the blog ;] ahhh im always in a dreaming state! christmas preparations? pah an overexcess of chanel-decorated cupcakes and studs a la balmain and silk dresses a la lanvin. ;]

    gros bisous darling and merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday and wrapped them all this morning, wasn't too stressful. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Christmas dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments.