So, first of all, what constitues girl crush material for me?
Girl crush is:
- Girls who read books.
- Girls who are not afraid of being different to what we are told is "cool".
- Girls who are genuinely creative in their lifes and jobs.
- Girls who are strong, independent and empowered.
Girl crush is not:
- Girls who dress to look like celebrities.
- Girls whose ultimate idol is Carrie Bradshaw (that's not feminine, it's just stupid).
- Girls who just buy and buy and buy stuff.
Anyway, Maayan Zilberman is definitely girl crush material. This adoptive New Yorker is a multi-talented artist who draws, designs and bakes for a living; and each one of her jobs carries the personal brand of her style. Also, as you can see in this video from the amazing website Style Like U, the girl sure knows how to dress in a truly unique way!
Maayan has a lingerie brand with friend Nikki Dekker, poetically (and humorously) called The Lake & Stars. Their designs are subtly provocative and sexy in an intellectual sort of way. Graphic elements and colours are striking in all of their pieces, creating intimates which of course can be worn alone day and night, but that can also perfectly complement an outfit. You can find Maayan's brand in Net-a-Porter and Barney's among others.