Monday 20 September 2010

Last Day of Summer



I bet most of you thought I had abandoned this blog. I don't blame you, I've been rather blog-lazy for the past month and a half. But I never had the intention of closing the blog or let spider webbs start growing on it. Why did I stop writing for a while? No particular reason. Not even writer's block. So let's just call it "my unexplainably lazy summer hiatus".
The thing is I was really enjoying my summer routine of swimming, sunbathing, picking fruits and vegetables from my garden and playing badmington (and even that I did in a lazy fashion), so I didn't really feel like writing too much. Sometimes it may seem like I'm relentlessly blabbering, but the truth is I do think a lot about what I say and how I say it, so blogging takes rather a lot of my time and energy when I do it well. And I like to do it well, it's funnier for everyone.
Anyway, summer was lovely, wasn't it? But tomorrow the seasons change and, accordingly, I have changed the Spanish countryside for Parisian asphalt and the endless hours of lying down entertaining myself with the birds' twitter for equally endless hours of writing in front of my computer. In short, since circumstances no longer allow me to go on perfecting the Mediterranean art of being lazy, I'll go back to blogging.
So this season you can expect long hours of blogging, wintery fun. For now, I'll leave you with my latest musical crush, Karen Elson. Isn't she fantastic? I love the mysterious, witch-like style of her album The Ghost Who Walks. It almost makes me feel happy with the imminent arrival of the autumn.
Almost.

6 comments:

  1. Sweetheart!!! I missed to read you so much ^^
    I love how you writte and think about your articles, so it's good you made a break to start fresh and with great ideas :D (so selfish of me to say that ^^)
    Welcome back***
    Marta (a.k.a. Fleur-de-Lis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and the music is lovely! I've never heard of her, so thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video's are excellent. Thanks to share..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je parie que t'as fait juste le bon choix, mais c'est vrai que je suis ravie d'avoir ton blog de retour ;)

    Et à la semaine prochaine!

    p.s.: c'est toujours un plaisir de lire ton anglais, quel style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many post which i find in same niche but most interesting i got that is your thanks for sharing it to me, I love to wear designer sarees

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments.